Structuring IP so its aligned with business growth: An interview with Dako's Tom Briscoe
Tom Briscoe, Senior Principle Strategist of Technology and IP at cancer diagnostics technology company Dako, discusses:
- How to use trademark to complement patent strategy, with reference to the Apple approach
- The "fire analogy" to explain the evolution in patent strategy: "Fire can now be used to heat up two different metals to create a stronger alloy...to help things grow."
- Using IP to establish compatibility, co-operability and interoperability
- The credence he gives to secrecy and being first to market
- Balancing the need to protect IP, and getting Dako's life-saving products to as wide of a market as possible
Please note: That all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.